Friday 23 January 2015

Thanks Mother (inlaw)




Many times we set very high standards for others, standards which we might not be able to meet. A few years after I got married, I used to think my Mother-in-law treated me different from her son and daughter who lived with I and my husband (her son) but looking back now older and wiser I know without a shadow of doubt that she had always loved me.


A daughter complaining that her step- mother or Mother-in-law treats her kids better than her, Hello! That is kind of to be expected, the light of joy in the eyes of a mother when she spots her child that kind of love is unconditional, and every child is entitled to that kind of love. However if for unforeseen circumstances like death or divorce, you are stuck with step-mother, a realistic question would be;             
Does she like you but love her kids better or does she hate you? If the true unbiased answer to this question is a yes, then you do not have too much of a problem.

Even though she treats her kids better, their clothes are more expensive, and they get more pocket money than you, as long as you are taken care of and getting the basic care of food, clothes, shelter, education etc. do not let the rest bother you. The Igbo tribe of Nigeria have a saying that “the cow without a tail, its God chases away flies from its' body”, so if you have missed the love of a mother as a child then be comforted that God the great compensator has something better for your future

 

No comments:

Post a Comment