Wednesday 22 October 2014

All hail the Queen


 

Two of the many reasons why I write this blog

One cause am pretty much alone must of the time so this is an avenue for interaction though one sided.

Two I like to think that am building up on my writing skills maybe one of these days I would write a book that could earn me international recognition like Chimamanda, yeah big dreams.

Anyway I watch epic Nigerian movies from time to time to kill boredom and today I chose to acknowledge Queen Nwokoye not because I know her personally and no I have not been paid do this but I can not help but admire her acting career path.

Why? Because see she has been able to carve out a niche for herself within the Nigeria Movie Industry and is in control of her game.



Y. She over the years has perfected playing the role of the poor, semi-illiterate but street wise village Igbo girl and does it with an originality that is hard to fault. Her ability to interchange pidgin English with elements of the Igbo Language all mixed in a local tribal accent is commendable and this had gained her a lot of popularity with the Nigerian/Igbo movie directors and the Nigerian audience.

So big ups girl and keep doing what you do best.

Moral behind this story, identify your strong points/gifts and build on it as the basis for your career goals, would improve your chances at success and a fulfilling career.

No comments:

Post a Comment