Tuesday 13 September 2016

LOVE NEVER FAILS



Matthew 26:34-35 KJV
[34] Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
[35] Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples. 
Peter boasted in the flesh (self effort), hours later he does what he swore not to.

Days later, after the resurrection while Jesus appeared to his disciples.
John 21:17 KJV
He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Though hurt at being asked this question three times, Peter anchored himself and his reply in the love of Christ and boasted not. Oh! what a difference. 
This spiritual growth reinforces Peter's leadership "Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep".

1 Cor 13:13 
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment