Thursday 18 August 2016

60 Days of Spiritual hiatus (Day 2)



I struggled with being at service today, different thoughts run through my mind after all your presence/service is not particularly required. 

Is that why you were always there, to sustain the myth of being needed. Questions that may not have come if not this spiritual exercise. Questions that peel away the physical aspects of religion in a bid to expose the core of my belief.


My bible tells me not to despise the gathering of the brethren, I am reminded that the word of God is Yea and Amen, I am encouraged that no temptation has overtaken me, except what is common to mankind. I get dressed, children are excited to be going with me to church Yes Lord.

I sit at the back my new position, they run to me, smiles and hugs. Thank you Lord for my babies, they gladden my heart in their innocence and simplicity, yeah children; they have so much love to give. 

Service is over am surrounded by my family time to go, I stop to chat with one or two persons then am out. Thank you Lord I made it through Day 2



No comments:

Post a Comment